I took Macie, Dom, and Tessa to the Christmas Parade this year. The weather was cold and sunny, much better than the pouring rain last year. Cole stayed home with Claire. We figured that walking 10+ blocks on crutches just wasn't worth it for him. I wondered the same thing myself walking that far with these three.
After block two Tessa was in full blown melt down mode. She screamed and cried that her legs hurt the whole time and would randomly drop to the ground. We had already missed half of the parade so I basically dragged her the rest of the why (my hands were full with blankets). She was screaming so loud that when we passed one house a lady came rushing out thinking that some kid was lost.
Once we arrived and got settled everyone was happy and I was happy to be there too. We sat right near the start where the balloons and people were waiting for their turn. It was actually the perfect spot.
The kids were so excited to see Santa. We left early last year and didn't get to see him. Tessa kept waving at him annd turned to me and said " Mom, he's not waving at me." Thankfully he turned our way and it was happy ending to the parade. The walk back to the car was calm and no one shed a tear. The parade was the perfect way to start the holiday season!

No comments:
Post a Comment