Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Richmond Youth Art Show

We got an invitation to see Macie's artwork at the Richmond Youth Art show downtown at the beginning of the month. She said she wasn't even sure which piece was going to be displayed, but we knew we wanted to see.


Well we met Cole after work and were very surprised to see what kind of an event it was. It was extremely crowded and a well attended event. It turns out that only one student's art was chosen from each school throughout several districts, by their school art teacher (yep, they have art teachers) and Macie's artwork was chosen from her school!!


We were so thrilled and proud of her Picasso piece - a fabulous 2nd grade rendition!! Her teacher said that she chose Macie's art not only because it was great, but because she is a good student and represents her school well!





Later in the week it was the art and music night at her school. Here she is with some of the 2nd graders performing their songs about Helen Keller and the water cycle.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is SOOO stinkin cute...and quite grown up. Crazy how time flies. Her art work is incredible! I would seriously hang that in my house (which I'm sure you will). Love her color choices :) And I've gotta say- she is quite the little beauty. You'd better watch out for that girl- I'm sure the boys already LOVE her! Thank goodness she's shy, right?!

deonthemom said...

Great Job Macie! I love your painting!

Mike and Lindsey said...

Macie, you did an amazing job. And way to represent your school. Your art work was beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Em said...

love the artwork, way to go Macie!!