Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Minivan Fam

We are offically a minivan family and there is no going back, and I love it. I tried and tried to get 3 car seats to fit in our 1991 Toyota Camry (212,000 miles), but it simply was not going to happen without the doors smacking the kids each time they shut. So we traded cars with my dad and now drive a 1994 Dodge Caravan (230,000 miles). I'm not sure who go the better end of the deal, but we're grateful and it's nice to have space. I've dreamed of a minivan for a long time, but never thought I'd be driving the same car my mom drove us around in as kids. Crazy huh, Oh well :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME! I love that those 2 cars are still cruisin the streets. I hope the sticker is still in the back of the van..."It's a Child, Not a Choice". I remember the most random things.

Daisha said...

No that one is gone! :( Getto isn't it, but fun.
Daisha

Em said...

Thats nice to have a van, maybe not your # one pick, but its good to still save money, especially if there is more school in your future. Who is parking in front of you, I had hoped to see our good ole maroon lumina.

Lindsie said...

That thing is still running? How great is that? You can't get that quality anymore can you?

Tanya said...

ha ha i love it. i think minivans are awesome. i can just see you squeezing all three of those kids in the back of the camry...we have a camry and have tried that before. how much more school does cole have?

Rachelle said...

well we still drive our honda accord from college, with around 169,000 miles, so.... hopefully it makes it another 100k!

Erica said...

Welcome to the van club. I can't belive it is the same one. I love it!

The Shane Gang said...

very cool! Matt has never been too keen on minivans, but they are so nice these days and so economical that I have a feeling we'll end up getting one eventually!!