Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Than Ice Cream


Cole and I went to Macie's Parent/Teacher Conference last night. We had a nice time visiting with her teacher and hearing that Macie is a perfectionist, shy, obedient, and a slow eater, etc . . . most of which we already knew.

Her teacher said that all the boys have crushes on Macie and that recently a boy went up to Macie and said "I love you more than ice cream!". Mrs. A said that he said it quite loud and that he looked totally stunned that he had even said it. The teacher told the boys that there are no romances in kindergarten and then they were all wondering what a romance was! Oh I love this age, but fearful for the future with boys who love her more than ice cream.

8 comments:

Em said...

Macie is going to be a little heartbreaker. Let's just hope she keep the attitude of no romance until she is 20! Just a week, until you know what your life will bring for the next couple years.

Jenn said...

HaHaHaHaHa that is HILARIOUS! That's a lot of love, more than ice cream! Well she is adorable so what do you expect?

Val said...

Just have Cole grow out the mullet and carry a shotgun when she turns 16! Only the true and the brave will pursue. You weed out the weak ones that way!

And count me in! I would hate to miss an episode of Mulletude. valerieguinn@comcast.net

New Mexican Youngs said...

Look out Johnson fam. No tellin' what the boys may come up with next. One things for sure though, Macie, we love you more than ice cream too!

Janas Bananas said...

First off..I LOVE your new profile picture...Sooo cute! 2nd YOu gotta love young love. My oldest had a girl tell him he was "hot" when he was in grade 1, when I picked him up he got in car and he tells me story. He was confused because he said he wasn't hot he was cold!! So why she would tell him that he was hot he didn't understand. It was soooo cute. But it is just the begining....Colton is now 11 and has girls phoning him and they sit on the stage during morning basketball and cheer for him..It drives him CRAZY!!!! She is a cute girl so this may be the story for a long time!!! lol....

Acker Family said...

Oh that's scary that little boys are liking her now! That's what I'm afraid of in the years to come with Lily :) But Macie's pretty cute so I can see all the attention she gets!

jakenapril said...

Ha! Sounds like my firstborn as well. Maybe it's a girl thing. Anyway, it's been a long time since I've been back to Oregon but keeping up via blog is great. Although I hear you about it being the time sucking tool that it is. My little brother, Luke (Dyer), was just here for Thanksgiving and we were talking about mullets and both of us just started laughing about Cole's "experiment"! Luke had a mullet once...but not nearly as bodacious as Cole's.

And I would love to still keep up with you guys: jakenapril@hotmail.com

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

We are going private in a week. Send me your email address in a comment on our blog, so that I can send you a link to view our blog! Thanks.

Jenn