Thursday, May 28, 2009

Signs of Summer

We are having fabulous weather here in Oregon! We've planted a few flowers, played outside a lot, examined bugs and let ants crawl up our arms.

Watermelons are in the stores and we are loving it! Last week the watermelon I choose was pretty delicious, but this week it was a little more gritty and not as good. I've heard many ways to pick a good watermelon (knock on it, look for the lines on the outside that are "bee stings").

How do you pick out the best and juiciest watermelon?!!

I'm in need of a tan! We've got a graduation dinner coming up for Cole and then another dinner as soon as we get to Virginia and some nice tan legs would be nice. I've always been a fan of the Jergens Natural Glow (or store brand) and think it works pretty well, but I need to get better about using it everyday.

What is your favorite sunless tanner?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just go get a really good spray tan! I've used Jergens though and I think it's really good if you do it each day (and if you can stand the smell). So I hear you only have about 3 weeks left. Hopefully you'll make a stop in Bountiful! Good luck with all the packing.

Janas Bananas said...

I think Jergens is the best stuff I have triedoutside a fake spray tan or fake n bakin..it looks the most natural. And I watched a show once that did testing on tanning lotions and they came out on top then too next to products that cost 3x as much. And the watermelon I have no idea..I just pick and hope for the best, and sometimes its a hit and sometimes its a miss...

youngsters said...

yes...i need helping picking out a good watermelon too. i mainly look for bee stings and knock for the hollowness but it doesn't always work. i had to return a watermelon last week cuz it was NASTY! if you would like a nice tan, maybe you should stop off in Arizona on your way to Virginia (so not on the way) the sun is shinning down here!