Friday, May 15, 2009

30 Days!!

I kinda feel like the theme of my life right now is
"This was no time for play.
This was no time for fun.
This was no time for games.
There was work to be done."

(I hear this phrase a lot as Macie likes to read "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back" to Dominic while we're in the car.)

Sure, work is a part of life. In fact I recently gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about Hard Work and Sacrifice and how there are many blessings from it. I'm just wondering why all my work has to be piled into one of the busiest times of my life. I have had more 30-notices for tenants moving in the recent month than I ever had while being an apt manager. We pulled in from being gone all day and there was an envelope staring me in the face when I opened my front door. I sighed and picked it up and then my heart dropped as I read the first line . . ."this is my 30 day notice that my last day in apt ___ will be June ___." Then I turned to Cole and said "We're being cursed!" and started to cry. So now I have 2 vacant apts and 2 others moving out in early June! Insanity is what it was feeling like for a few days but things have calmed way down and now I've decided that everything will be ok because I just gave my own

30 DAY Notice

to my boss!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Yes, our time is winding down here in the NW and although it's been a fabulous 4 years we're ready for our next adventure back east!! Life is hard, but so good. We are happy and enjoying our last days with friends and family here!! Our day of play is usually Saturdays - Cole just finished up another season of football with his brothers and friends. I really enjoy going to the games as I get to visit with all the wives (we do watch the game too) as our kids play together. We're sure going to miss it here!

6 comments:

Emily said...

So sad to see you go but excited to see the adventures that will come. Speaking of 30 day notice, I'm sure you've got friends lining up to take your job, but just in case will you contact Stan Taylor's wife- Nicole. She emailed me a while back about managing in Portland and I'm not sure if she has found anything yet. Here is her email: taylor.nicolemarie@gmail.com
Thanks,

Jenn said...

Oh Daisha I hear ya! Good luck and we better get together once we get out there!

Amber & Jason said...

Hey Guys! It is so fun to read what you have been up to for the past few years. Good luck with the move. Keep us updated!

Em said...

Hooray!!! its almost over!! I am soo exctied for you!!! You will find a new found enjoyment for motherhood. No one knocking on your door. You won't dread answering the phone and if your front room is messy, its not that big of a deal!!!!!!!!!! good luck with these next couple weeks.

Janas Bananas said...

I think somthing may be in the air...our basement decided to flood this febuary and then found out we needed a new foundation so the hwole basement is under renos..all while needing to get ready to move to a new town too by the end of June...and have 12 day home kids running around my house without a basment to play. ITs crazy how it all happens at once. But we always seem to get through and learn a little somthing along the way..Hope you guys have a great adventure in your moves and all works out smoothly for you guys...Good luck!

youngsters said...

we are gonna miss you guys at the family reunion! hopefully we will be able to come see you guys in virginia while you are there. i can only imagine the stress you are going through right now but "this too shall pass" right?!? get it all over with at once so you can have a little bit of a break before the baby comes!! we love you guys..be safe! :)