I feel like we're finally growing up - we are now the owner of 2 cars. Yes, after almost 7 years of marriage we have 2 cars to call our own. Within a few days after getting to VA Cole purchased himself a little Honda Civic from a nice Indian gentleman.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
A Good Place to Be
Life is feeling pretty good right now. We've been settled for a few weeks now, are getting to know the area, have met a few friends, and are just feeling happy.
I still can't believe that I get to see this hot husband of mine walk through the door each night in a shirt and tie and carrying a brief case. Gone are the days of forest green scrubs and backpacks!! We feel very blessed to still be in school/residency with the economy the way it is and even more grateful that Cole is able to be here at VCU in the Orthodontics Residency. Over the past 4 years he worked so hard, was involved with so many activities and also served in many demanding church callings. I still don't know how he managed to do it all and do it all so well. He's very talented, friendly, funny, and a fabulous father and husband. We love when he is home because he's the life of the party!
Being in this Residency is an amazing answer to prayers, a true reflection of the great guy that Cole is and he truly deserves this. He is absolutely loving the program he is in. They treat all their residents with so much respect, feed them all the time, call him Dr. Johnson and it's so so nice to see him walk through the door at the end of the day with energy and a smile on his face (not to mention that he's home by 6pm so we can actually eat dinner together as a family!!!)
I feel like we're finally growing up - we are now the owner of 2 cars. Yes, after almost 7 years of marriage we have 2 cars to call our own. Within a few days after getting to VA Cole purchased himself a little Honda Civic from a nice Indian gentleman.
Thankfully the guy even let us keep the little Indian god statue that he had glued to the dash board! I'm sure it's nice for Cole to have a little company to and from the school each day.
We are liking it here and I promise that for the few of you who would like to see pics of our place I'll post a few soon, after I remember to take some when the house is clean.
I feel like we're finally growing up - we are now the owner of 2 cars. Yes, after almost 7 years of marriage we have 2 cars to call our own. Within a few days after getting to VA Cole purchased himself a little Honda Civic from a nice Indian gentleman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So nice to have him home at night, I bet if feels good to finally be done school and ready to start your life. Now just a baby needs to come and join the party.
Cole is pretty great, I spent a summer with them when he was 12 and I think I laughed everyday at something he said or did..he was tons of fun, I was 17 and I had soo much fun hanging out with those boys..You got a good man for sure!!..Maybe awesomeness runs in the genes.. ;)
Oh I'm so jealous! I can't wait for the bar exam to be over and then Parker will be a normal working man, 9-6! I can't wait to see pics of your place! Is the humidity getting to you yet? Remind me what city you're in, Richmond? We're still looking for a place, we could end up in MD or VA...we'll see! Oh, and to answer your question, we ALL move out there September 7th.
Good Job Cole! And yes, he is so handsome...those Johnson boys all are! Love the updates!
I am so glad that you guys are there and settled. Looks like you had a great time getting there and enjoying the cross country drive. Good luck in the coming months with your new place and the soon to be new baby!
I'm so glad to hear we shar the joy of nice noisy wood floors:) they are great! Although we couldn't stand it everywhere so we put carpet in the living room and upstairs bedrooms:)
You guys all look SO happy and cute as always! You look amazing and I hope all goes well with the delivery!
I too have to agree with the NO green stinky lab scrubs:)...heheh although Curtis still wears scrubs they are nice hospital one along with a nice doctor coat.. NO BACKPACK !! yeah hehe
Post a Comment