Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Moving out

June 13th was our moving day. Everything was packed, the kids were at my parents house and we were set to go. Cole started loading boxes into the 28ft ABF trailer at 8am and help arrived about 9:30. My dad, brother in-law, a friend and Cole got us all loaded up by 11am while my sister and I did some cleaning. The guys packed the truck extremely tight so we only used 11ft (you only pay for what you use)!! (I highly recommend ABF. They were very prompt and awesome to work with!)



We needed to stay up in Portland for the rest of the day because we had Cole's graduation party that evening at the Art Museum. So with many hours to kill we went to our favorite diner, Fat City Cafe, for the last time and had a nice breakfast with Shayla and Bryan. The one thing that was still in use at our apt was our internet so Cole did stuff on the computer and played his guitar while I took a nap on the hard floor. My body was so sore after my 2+ hour nap, but I did have a pillow which was nice.

The graduation party was a lot of fun. We ate great food, visited with good friends and did some dancing too. It was kinda like a Prom in some ways. I need to get my hands on some of those photos.

Leaving that night wasn't our last time to visit our apt, but we did start sleeping in Salem after the party that evening. We had a BBQ with friends on the 14th in Portland and then my last official day of work wasn't until the 15th so we were there several more times. I thought I would have been more emotional to leave the place that we called home for 4 years. We had 2 kids there, made many friends and really enjoyed the city life. Maybe it was because I was so excited to be done working!!


We lived in the upstairs apt our first two years and downstairs the last 2 as Manager. Also pictured is our new Odyssey that got us safely across the country!!

So long Garden Home Apts!!

2 comments:

Janas Bananas said...

I love little houses that we build fun little memories with, even though all we do is wish we were in something else the whole time we live in them!! We need to hear about the new place!!

Curtis & Nichole said...

Glad you guys made it okay and out:) Hope you are feeling good!

p.s......Glad to hear your ABF experience was good....we would hopefully NEVER use/recommend ABF again our stuff got trashed:( and they were extremely late dropping off the trailer for loading AND dropping it off at our new place. Oh wel it's over right! :)

Take care