Monday, December 14, 2009

Wouldn't be Christmas Without It

1. an ugly christmas sweater party- had with the residents and wives at the poole's home. there was good food and a fun gift exchange game.



2. a cute little reindeer whose chubby cheeks look like they might slide off her face.


3. stockings hung with care- doesn't look as festive as it would with a burning fire and wreath, but preparing for basketball season is apparently much more important. i can't believe that when I first made those stockings i was pregnant with dominic . . . 6 stockings looks like a lot.
4. the christmas tree- purchased from the grocery store lot as usual, much taller than the ones we've had in the past, decorated some by the kids, but mostly by me and as expected it is slowly being destroyed by swords, balls, and grubby little hands.


6. a stunning family photo in a family size homemade snuggie
Merry Christmas Everyone!

8 comments:

youngsters said...

yes..it wouldn't be christmas without the johnson clan getting a very unique family photo! i love the homemade snuggie!

henline crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janas Bananas said...

I wish we had a real tree from the grocery store!! But alas with moving we are putting up the trusty fake one this year. I love your stockings...and exactly how many of those did you make??? ;) Merry Christmas!

P.s, that was my deleted comment, was logged under my sisters name.

Unknown said...

I loved everything about this post. Thanks for the laugh! That much cuteness shouldn't be allowed in one family.

srbushman said...

I need your new address. Can you e-mail it to me at srbushman@gmail.com? Thank you!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the info on the carousel. Every time I see an ugly Christmas sweater, I think of you guys - in a good way. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Em said...

Homemade snuggie, I think we could use one here :) great post and merry Christmas! Claire is adorable, she looks similar to your other children, but with a little more hair and chubbier cheeks.

Trenholms said...

Lookin' good...but every year, Cole scares me with his Christmas sweater and pedophile look. What's worse, he's licking you this year!