We celebrated our 8th anniversary and fulfilled a dream of ours last week - a trip down to the Dominican Republic where Cole served his mission. We got a great deal and stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Plata. It was amazing! We had a fabulous 6 days together, just the two of us!
The Beach and Resort -
 |
| We'd lay in these beds most of the day reading, talking or napping. Servers would wait on you bringing you drinks and food as often as you'd like, we didn't have to move off our beds all day unless we wanted to. When we'd had enough of that one us would say something like "lets' go back to our room and rest for a bit before dinner." I've never been so lazy in my life. It was heavenly! |
 |
| We haven't this many days alone together in a very long time. It was so much fun. |
 |
I drank my fair share of Banana Mamas. They were SO GOOD!
|
 |
| There were plenty of little shacks on the beach for us get our gifts for the kids. |
 |
| The ocean was warm and beautiful. |
 |
| They had several pools and also a swim-up bar. |
 |
| A storm is brewing. We had several nights with loud and long thunderstorms. Thankfully none of the hurricanes even came close to the island. |
 |
Notice the rainbow above our hotel, not the speedo wearing European. There were plenty of those guys hanging around.
|
 |
| It was so beautiful here. |
 |
| My hot husband. We worked hard to get in shape to be lounging around in our swimsuits all day. |
 |
| The sunsets were beautiful! |
 |
| I love this guy! I couldn't be happier. |
Food and Entertainment -
 |
| This is Juana our very sweet and funny server in the buffet area. I'm pretty sure Cole has a big crush on her. This is where we ate most of our meals. The spread was quite good and we LOVED all the Dominican dishes they had. The fruits and juices were incredible. |
 |
| One thing they didn't have much of was the platanos. Cole charmed Juana to ask the cooks to make him and batch and they came through. They were so good. |
 |
| There was two different night of Carnival dancer entertainment. They had some elaborate costumes and were fun to watch. |
 |
| There was some great pig and seafood at the welcome party buffet! |
 |
| At an Asian/Indian resturant on the resort. The corn and coconut soup was amazing. |
 |
| It was here that I forgot to remind the waiters that my refill of my Banana Mama was to be virgin. It was the most horrible sip of a drink I've ever had! That mistake didn't have me dancing on the table liek Cole hoped I would. |
 |
| Luckily we got a few English channels, the most important being ESPN. With it being opening weekend of college football this what we watched when came back to the room in the evenings. Thankfully Boise won! |
 |
| At the Mexican Resturant Tripache. |
We took a day trip into Santiago too. I'll post that soon!
8 comments:
so i kind of dream of when kelly and i will go away together, alone! :)
looks like so much fun!! so glad you went.
So fun for you guys, Rob and I hope to do a big trip for our 10 year (in 14 months). Congrats to you guys and the great trip!
I won't tell Mike! We really really really wanted to go after Mike graduated med school, but didn't really want to take out a loan to do it... I will seriously have to keep Mike away from your blog. He will be so jealous!
Luckies!!! Happy Anniversary, again. Pictures are beautiful... what a little piece of heaven!
Your post made me wish Dan and I had been alone in Hawaii last year as terrible as that sounds. . . the kids are fun but you have to get a chance to relax alone sometimes, and as amazing as our trip to Europe was a few years ago, we definitely didn't relax. Have to admit the mid-riff showing threw me for a loop, I see I'm not the only one that ditched the one piece when I left home. ;op
You make me laugh Mikaela. I sported the look only for Cole just this one time. I have had 4 kids ya know :) That skin hangs loose!
OH my word!! What a FUN trip and without kids?! That's so awesome! Can't believe it's been 8 years! Happy Anniversary!
Obviously you guys had a lot of fun! It's amazing to have just "couple" time at the beach/warm weather!
p.s your teeth look really good, what a good ortho doctor:)
Post a Comment