Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Baby Alert! Baby Alert!"

I hear this phrase more times than I'd like to each day. The three older children are a great help in letting me know if Claire is getting herself in trouble by shredding toilet paper through the house, throwing handfuls of cheese on the ground, climbing up the stairs unattended or drawing on the wall. They scream "Baby Alert" until I come to the rescue.


Claire is on the move.


Although she's been crawling for 4 months it wasn't until Cole and I were on our trip that she decided to be brave enough to crawl up the stairs. We have a sunken living room and that one stair up was the ultimate babysitter - if she was down there I had no worries leaving her alone. There is so little to destroy down there.
She is all over the house now and as happy as can be! She has also learned to stand up on her own and is just about ready to take off walking without a fan club cheering her on. She loves to walk from Cole to me and back and forth on her own, but has so much energy that she tries to run. She's taken about 6 or 7 steps on her own and LOVES it!

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Coming from you I totally expected this post to be an announcement, Looks like you will be that much busier though now that you have to chase Claire too.

Em said...

Claire is such a cutie, it's good to see posts of your family, i have been out of the blog world for awhile. Can't wait to hear of your upcoming adventures and where they will take place