My grandpa Sellers passed away yesterday. I have nothing but sweet and fond memories of him. Everything from his hugs, rides down to the forest in the back of his truck, his big smile, beautiful singing voice, his work worn hands, buzzing hearing aid and sweet and loving personality. I will miss him a lot. I grew up around my grandparents all my life and it just won't be the same around "home" now that both of them are gone.
| At grandma's funeral a little over 2 years ago. |
I knew that when I moved away over a year ago that would be my last time seeing him. He was already sick with cancer at that time. I'm so grateful that he is happy and well now, reunited with grandma and their 3 children they lost in infancy! 'Til we meet again grandpa!

8 comments:
I got the call yesterday, so sad. But bitter sweet like you said he is free of pain, and reunited with those who have gone ahead. He was such a "spiritual giant" that is how we referred to Uncle Dick. Love him.
So sad, the loss is all of ours. He was a great man. Send my best to your family.
As soon as I saw this title I knew it must be your grandpa. So sorry, send my love to your mom, I am sure she is struggling with the loss despite knowing he is in a better happier place with those he has missed for a long time. You are right that he is a great man, always that same sweet spirit about him. He showed strength in meekness. I'll never forget their st bernards either. I thought it was like a dream that you had grandparents close to you . . .and they lived on a farm!
Thinking of you and love you Daisha.
Wasn't he the best?! He always made everyone around him feel special.
Your grandpa was the cutest old man! I still remember the day I received my patriarchal blessing at his house.
Sending prayers your way.
Oh, we'll all miss him so much! My fond memories of him are just like yours...and I was super lucky, too, to grow up living in the same town as Grandma and Grandpa. Are you going to be able to make it to Oregon for the service?
Sorry for your loss. Send my love to your mom too!
Post a Comment