Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 2: Hospital Stay

I'm one of those few that really likes my hospital stays. The food might not be gourmet (but I eat all of it) and the bed might lack real comfort but it's a quiet place to hang out for 2 days. Cole and I really enjoyed our little "hospital vacation" where he got good cafateria food, we ate loads of chocolate and oatmeal cream pies and watched movies together.

Alice did have a high red blood cell count so she was getting pricked and poked for 2 days, had her tounge clipped, and ate and filled her fair share of diapers. I loved the quiet atmosphere to just enjoy my sweet new little baby before returning to a very busy household.

Of course we had visitors both days and the kids loved holding Alice.









3 comments:

CarrieM said...

I really like the time in the hospital too. I think of it as a 'babymoon'...

Rachelle said...

i'm with you! hospital stays after a baby are so nice.

congrats again!!

Janas Bananas said...

I loved the hospital, I enjoyed the humming sounds and the silence and being able to just sleep! I always stayed at least 3 days before going home so I was good and rested for my crazy house. And always enjoyed MItch and me time, which used to be a special treat..We get more us time now the kids are older. Enjoy!!