Sunday, June 5, 2011

Macie is 8!

I remember so clearly the day she was born - our round faced, bald headed daughter. Our first child, the one who brought a whole new dimension of joy into our family, the one who we test all our parenting strategies on, the one we count on to be a good example for her siblings, the one we ask so much of and she most graciously complies. I really can't believe it's been 8 years now since we had Macie. She has brought so much love and happiness into our family.



So much has happened since she was born. We've lived in three states, she's attended 4 schools, and we've added 4 more children into our family. Macie has been such a trooper through all those changes. For as much as Cole wanted our first born to be a boy he was very grateful that we were having a girl as he knew that it would be nice for me to have someone to hang out with as he knew he'd be super busy through all these years of school. Macie really has been a great oldest daughter to have. She gets to stay up and keep me company when Cole travels, we get to be crafty and domestic together and I love that she will come home from school and tell me all about her day and we can just chat. Sure we have our struggles (girls are moody ya know), but I love this girl more than she will ever know!

Today is her birthday, but we kept things very simple and easy as she will have her first ever friend birthday party next Saturday! We went to church, played some games, cuddled on the couch, went to the park, and she got to stay up late. For dinner she chose waffles with strawberries and sausage and then we had cupcakes!

Once we get back to Oregon and are living by family again she will get baptized. She's so looking forward to that!




Happy Birthday Macie. We Love You!!

2 comments:

deonthemom said...

Happy Birthday Macie! Girls are the BEST!

Janas Bananas said...

Ok, since my blog woked I am now trying to comment, let's see if this works..if it does then WOOHOO.
I just have to say, she looks just like you!! The others favor Cole I think, but this one definitly is yours..Looks just as sweet and pretty like her mom!

It is crazy when our children just keep getting older, every year I look at each one of my kids and marvel in the fact they are just that must older then before..I swear Brett will be 4 forever in my eyes and he will be 8 this year. It is bitter sweet for sure.