
So does anyone get up before their children do to workout, get things done, or to just be able to shower and get ready with out the kids getting into your make-up? I've been pondering this lately and know it's in my near future and that I should do it. I have such a hard time getting things done in a timely manner (or even spending quality time with the kids) when I'm changing diapers, getting drinks, cleaning up messes, doing laundry, trying to accomplish things for work, cleaning up messes etc . . . I know if I get up before the kids I could actually feel more put together and it would leave me time to actually play with the kids like I should be. I know I'd feel like such a better mother and wife, but getting up early is hard. My goal this past week was to stay up after Cole leaves for school @ 5:45am since I get up with him everyday to read scriptures and say prayers anyway. But no. It's dark and cold and my bed calls me and I happily crawl back in and fall asleep until Dominic wakes up about 7:15.
Cole's mom & Tessa
Cole's mom had 12 kids and she has truly taken the council of "early to rise" to heart. She gets up about 4:30-5am all the time. Usually the first thing she'll do is go running- AMAZING!! So it can definetly be done (I'm pretty sure most of Cole's sisters and sis in-law do the same.)I have no excuse because I have a newborn- she only wakes up once- so I get plenty of sleep. So, are you early to rise? What is your motivation? How do you do it?

4 comments:
oh how I wish I was but sleep is just too lovely. I don't wake up until the clock says 7am even if my kids wake up at 5am which they do often they know to play quietly and don't disturb. They wake up so early I would have to be up at 3 to beat them!
well i am not a morning person at all, but you got to do what you got to do. My hubby and myself wake up a couple of hours before he goes to work so we can work out and get stuff accomplished before the kids wake up. it is hard in the begining, but then it just becomes another routine. good luck!!
I wake up early so I can work out. However, i like to stay up late, well 10:30 to 11:00, this makes it really tricky to wake up. So... I wake up early on MON, WeD, Fri. Tues and Thurs are my day off when I get to sleep in. Its fun it gives me something to look forward to on Tues and Thursdays.
Hey Daisha!! Your kids are so cute!!
I've been having the same battle! There were a few days a month or so ago that I actually got up by 6 am and had a little time to prep for the day. I think the key was going to bed early. I'm such a night owl, i love to watch movies and read once the kids are finally in bed. I am goingt o try and make it my new years resolution this year. It's amazing how much smoother the day goes for me and the kids when I willingly get out of bed to start my day instead of being jolted awake by little ones. Good luck!
Post a Comment