Monday, June 30, 2008

Grandma

On Thursday morning, June 19, 2008 my mom's mother UlaRae Sellers passed away. Although sad that she is no longer here on this earth we were so happy for her to not suffer anymore. She had been very ill for about 4 years with little or no quality of life. She lived a good long life of 78 years and honestly only a few tears were shed because we were all so happy she wasn't suffering anymore and that she could go be with her 3 children that died in infancy.



Grandma was a funny lady, quite beautiful, loving, and stubborn too. She was always one to detest ear piercing saying "If God wanted to put holes in your ears you would have been born like that!" We would just laugh and say "Oh Grandma!" She LOVED chocolate, especially See's chocolate! She was a diabetic, but still ate her chocolate. She would always have some around her house for us to nibble on. Grandma also loved pink! Pink was everywhere in her house (her coffin was a beautiful light pink too) and she was a great gardener and had hundreds of rose buses. I always remember grandma's pretty smile although she hated to have it captured on camera and would turn her face or stick out her tongue when someone took a picture. I remember Grandma would take us out to the store (usually Fred Meyer)for our birthday to pick out our gift and we'd usually get an ice cream cone too! I love you grandma!!



It was fun to get together for the funeral. Both my brothers and their wives came (I usually only get to see them once a year) and all my mom's siblings were there and tons of my cousins were able to come too! It was a fun little family reunion!
The funeral was very nice and all the granddaughters sang "I Often Go Walking" and the grandsons were the pallbearers.



After the funeral and luncheon my family went minature golfing. Dominic and Macie had a lot of fun. Tessa was grumpy and tired so I had her in the Bjorn most of the time . . . golfing one handed with a baby strapped to my chest was quite interesting! We had a great time being together as a family, but Macie and Dom missed having their little cousins there!!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh Daisha I'm sorry to hear that she's gone, she was such a sweet lady. But you're right, she's happier now. Cute pics of the fam, your kids are ADORABLE! Yay for Cole's last year of dental school! Parker will start his last year in the fall and we are way excited too! We'll be coming to Salem for Lindsay's wedding mid August and I'd love to see you!!