My mom and I were sitting up in the front( my mom was sitting behind me at this point) and I get a tap on my shoulder. I look up and this man about 40 years old, gray hair, light wash jeans with a gray t-shirt tucked in nods his head and says "Get up".
Me: "No" (embarrassed and look away).
40 year old: "Come on, get up"
Me: "No" ( I turn away not sure what is going on or what to do just hoping he'd walk away)
Him: "Aren't you going to dance?"
Me: "No, I'm married" (I hold up my hand show my ring . . . pause)"to the lead singer"
Him: "You're married?"
Me: "Yep"
Him: "Wow I feel dumb" (said while scratching his head and running his hands through his hair)
Me: "Don't worry there are plenty of other girls to dance with" (this is me trying to be nice, but I'm kinda wigged out and i really shouldn't have said that because just about all the other girls were friends from the school)
Him: "Well how many times have you been asked to dance tonight?" (probably hoping to make himself feel better)
Me: "None . . . well you did, so one." (probably kind of rude of me)
Him: "No, i think I'll go have another beer"
Me: "Good Luck with that"
After he walks away I have a good chuckle to myself and a good laugh with my mom filling her on the details that she couldn't hear.
About 10 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder. I thought it was my mom, she had been sitting behind me and we'd been talking back and forth. Nope I turn around and it's a young guy with that gross fuzzy black facial hair, tiny build, and wearing one of those lumberjack flannel shirts huge and hanging open (you know the green and black checkered ones).
Him: "Do you want to dance?" (I get slammed by his beer breath and lean way back because he's leaning down right in my face)
Me: "No I'm married."
Him: "Who cares? To who?" (like it really matters!?!)
Me: "To him, the lead" (pointing to Cole)
Him: "What? I thought he was gay!" (more beer breath, I lean farther back and shout even more)
Me: "He's not, we have 3 kids."
Him: mumbles to himself the says "OK then" and walks away.
I had a good full body shudder after he left . . . he was greasy!!! About 5 minutes later I turn around to talk to my mom and he's got his beer breath in her face asking her if she is married too and if she wants to dance. So funny, I couldn't believe it! (I noticed later that those 3 guys were sitting next to each other about 2 chairs back. Apparently they didn't notice that 15 minutes before this all Cole pointed me out in the crowd, said we had just had our 6th anniversary and he sang me a song.)
Ok, so it really wasn't that crazy of a night but oh, we had some good laughs and even though those were terribly awkward moments it made for some funny memories. The show was fabulous, TONS of people were there and we had a great time!!

14 comments:
I love this story, so funny!!! I wish you could have taken a picture of the 3 greasy guys. Ha, ha. I am glad you guys had a fun night! It sounds very entertaining.
PS. maybe one of them so the picture on your blog of Cole being Prince. They could have thought you liked creepy guys??? :)
Hahaha, ya a picture of the greasy nasty guys would've made for a MUCH better post! =) Hilarious story! Go Shawnee, way to get hit on! Haha!
awe man. I should've been there with my mom. We ditched out because of the lack of planning for the night. I bet the show was fantastic. Nice pants Cole!
Oh my gosh Daisha. I wouldn't know what to do if I were you! You handled it so well! :) Did Cole see this guys hitting on you from on stage? I'm sure he was wishing he could step down and talk to them! Love his outfit by the way!
Oh Boy Daish, that is hilarious !! I'm still waiting for those nasty pictures of Cole's mullet cuts !! I did get a sneak preview of one of the many I'm sure.. lol lol
What a fun night and great show.
Ok! I am sooo frustrated! Our computer is pulling up all the crazy pics, but not the story! I am so curious to know what happened--from the looks of things it sounds hilarious. I'm not surprised! morgan
I love the pictures, of Cole in the fab pants and the past halloween pictures on the side.
I need a favor, Rob and I are looking into managing apartments. I'd love any information you can share about the biz and what company you work for and/or other companies you know about. Email me if you get a chance at emgemm@hotmail.com thanks!
I am laughing so hard right now, those that are in the office are probably wondering what the heck I am laughing at! Good on you Daish and go mom. That is absolutely hilarious. Cole, great outfit but I want a better picture of the mullet. I wich we could go to one of the concerts, GO MalPractice!
Seriously funniest thing I have ever read! I can't believe he thought Cold was gay. I loved you resonse! "Nope, married with 3 kids!" :) I enjoyed reading your story. You sure are a cute mom and several guys must have thought so too. I am sure there were others that wanted to dance but didn't have the couarge to ask you. For your sake, I ham glad it was only 2 nasty guys that asked you. At least you know you've still got it even after 6 years of marriage and 3 kids. I love it. Thanks for the laugh!
Hey! It has been too long- you guys look great! I am not sure what this MalPractice thing is, but i am guessing it is a group that Cole is in? I need to be filled in for sure, looks like a ton of fun!!
That is too funny. I love that they asked your mom to dance too. Cole's outfit is awesome. I wish I could hear his band play. We can't wait to see you guys next summer.
I can't believe wwhat a funny story! Sounds like a pretty fun night!
Ryan and I both cracke up reading this. This is actually my second time and it's even funnier!
Post a Comment