Macie is growing up too fast. She's a very good reader for her age and masters the B.O.B series and early reader books quite quickly. She is constantly writing and very good at sounding words out and comes home from school each day with handfuls of notes and cards for everyone in the family. She's a smart little thing like her dad.
I recently got to go on her first kindergarten field trip with her to go see the musical Click, Clack, Moo. It was a very cute play and they all seemed to love it. She was so excited to have me there and we had fun on the bus together playing hangman and tic-tac-toe.
This week marks 100 days of school, hence her collection of 100 pennies that she gets to share with the class tomorrow.
It's so fun to hear her stories that she tells me after school and to chat about what she's learning and who she plays with. One of my favorite stories that she told me was back in October. We were driving in the car one day and she told me that some of the kids on her bus were singing a bad song. I asked her if it had bad words in it and she said that it kinda did. I asked her to just tell me a little of it . . . "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't I don't care, I'll pull down you're ___________." She stopped before underwear. I had to chuckle to myself and we talked about how she was right that that song wasn't nice and we should never pull down someones underwear. I love her innocence and sweet little spirit.

5 comments:
She is a doll... and she looks so much like you.
She is such a cutie! I think she looks so much like you.
I can't believe that Macie is in Kindergarten. WOW! Loved catching up through your blog.
Oh sweet Macie! I can't believe she was my first batch of nursery kids! She has grown up into such a great little girl! I love that pic of the two of you. You do such a good job of really journaling what is going on with each of your children. That is my hope and goal to do the same as I get more children
Love,
Gwen
Hi, I found your blog through Shayla's. My memory of Macie is babysitting her with Shayla and watching Little People. She loved that show and your wedding video. She sure is a cutie!
Post a Comment