Monday, April 27, 2009

A Party and a Wedding

This past weekend was a very eventful one for Cole's family. On friday afternoon we had a surprise 60th birthday party for Cole's dad. He was very shocked and it was fun to have 11 of the 12 siblings in town (a brother is on a mission) and all the little kids running around. The party was at a pizza parlor that they used to go to when they were kids.

We ordered the HUGE $200 pizza, shared memories, gave gifts, had a video of pictures, ate cake and the kids ran around asking for quarters to play the video games.







Saturday was the 10th wedding for the J. family. The bride and groom looked great, the weather wasn't the best so pictures were done in the temple atrium, and they had a fun and beautiful reception at the church. They were so ready to be on the honeymoon that they had already changed out of their tux & dress and were out the door as guests were still coming to greet them! Check out the beautiful cake made by one of the sisters-in-law. Macie was thrilled to get a new white and yellow outfit and everyone had a great time. We feel very lucky to have had these family events before we moved across the country. It was a fabulous weekend!




8 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I see a baby bump!! Love it! Are you sure you are on baby number four because you look amazing! Oh and that pizza is amazing where is that at!? Cute family picture all in yellow and white!

Em said...

Daisha you look soo cute pregnant! I love it! I have to say I had to look at all those boys for awhile before I could figure out which guy was Cole! They all look very similar.
keep the posts coming :)

Emily said...

Didn't that brother just get back from a mission last summer?!? Those Johnson boys move fast. Big congrats!

Jenn said...

So cute! I can't believe Logan is married! That is too weird to me! Haha! You guys all look beautiful-let's get together in VA this fall! =)

Acker Family said...

You are so cute pregnant! And I'm pretty sure my belly is bigger than yours and you are way beyond me! And with #4! You look great!!! I love the matching yellow family picture too-so sweet!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That is the biggest pizza I have evr seen! That is so cool that you guys got to have so much family there. Cute family pictures too. I love that you have a tiny baby belly now. You look great!

Mike and Lindsey said...

Hey Daisha! I love seeing pictures of your family. When are you heading back East? To answer all your questions on Sophie.
Yes, my mom had big babies. My sister was 10 lbs. Lilly was 8lbs 2 oz. So as much as I hope they are off a little, I don't think it's likely. I just have big healthy babies. The funny thing is Lilly wasn't chubby, just long and skinny. And now she is super petite. Hope all is going well for you guys. You all look great.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post!! I had no idea that Uncle Bob turned 60...I'm so glad so many of the Johnsons could make it.

I also had no idea that Logan got married! Thanks for the picts!