Claire Delaine Johnson was born Friday morning at 10:14am. She is a healthy 7lbs 11oz and 20.5 inches long with a head full of dark hair. She looks just like the other kids did as newborns.
I was scheduled to be induced yesterday at 7am, but instead woke up a few hours earlier, at 2am, with hard contractions and went into labor on my own. We were at the hospital by 3am and I was 6 centimeters dilated and about 80% effaced. I got my antibiotics for Group B Strep about 4am which meant that they couldn't break my water until 8am - you need to be on them for at least 4 hours before you deliver. I got my epidural a little while later and was now comfy and we tried sleeping for a couple hours.
At 8am my doc came and broke my water. By 9:45 I was feeling the "it's time!" pressure and they quickly got ready for delivery. At 10am I told the nurse that I was ready to push. So she had me push once and was immediately told me to stop - the baby was there and ready to just slip out. Dr. Roberts was there within a few minutes got herself ready and said "this won't take long at all." We knew it wouldn't because thankfully my other deliveries were very fast, but this was the fastest. Within 5 minutes and maybe 4 pushes Claire was born. It was a fabulously easy delivery which has made the recovery incredibly easy and I feel very very blessed for that!
My parents brought the kids over in the afternoon. They were so excited to see her and hold her. Dominic continually gave her kisses, Tessa just kept stroking her head and saying "so cute" over and over, and Macie just wanted to hold her as much as she could.
I'm very grateful that I didn't have to be induced, but even more grateful that she was born on the day of her induction because it allowed my parents to be here to watch the kids (they flew here on Wed) and Cole already had things arranged at the school.
She's a sweet little thing and I loved to just look at her, stare at her heart shaped lips and soak it all in.

23 comments:
Darling! Congrats again. Enjoy your parents help and company and tell everyone hi for us!
Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know. I hope all goes well for recovery. I'll be in touch.
So exciting, you guys! We miss you and now we are even more jealous. She's beautiful. I love her lips! So glad you are all doing well. The kids are getting big. We are trying to play catch up so they can be friends with ours! Congrats! Take care and know we love you all!
Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! How great that the delivery was easy for you! And I love her name too! Congrats!
Congrats guys! She is beautiful! I love your family picture with Tessa squirming around. It's so typical of a group shot with little ones. I hope you are recovering well. There is nothing more sweet than a brand new baby. Enjoy her every minute. She's so precious!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I have been thinking about you and knowing that the time was coming soon. I'm so glad it went so well for you. I love her name too! I also just had fun catching up on your blog. I'm glad things are going well out there!
Oh, she's beautiful, just like all of your other kids! Thanks for keeping us updated so quickly...it's so fun to see all the pictures and read about the experience. Dominic, Tessa, and Macie will be wonderful siblings, I can already tell!
Good luck!
Oh I am so excitred for you! She is absolutley beautiful. I love that we have the same kids in the same order. Hope everything is going great!
YAY! She is precious, congrats you guys!!!
Just wanted to congratulate you guys! She is so precious! Glad to hear that everything went alright! So happy for you all! Keep the pictures coming! :) You have such a cute family!
She is a BEEEEEAUTY!!!
Good work Daisha, you are amazing.
I can just imagine that Nana is enjoying those precious little lips. I can almost smell the deliciousness from here.
PS. Tell Cole I have a beautiful gold tooth. How ghetto am I?
Congratulations!!
We're glad everything went well - she is a cutie!
Good work Daisha!
Rachel
Where do I begin! I LOVE her name! I LOVE how HUGE your family picture is now...WOW! I LOVE how cute she is and that she looks exactly like you. And Hurray for easy deliveries! I too have been blessed with that gift :) Well good luck with 4 little ones! You'll have to keep me informed.
CONGRATS!!!! she is a doll!
Big congrats on yet another adorable child. I love the name!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and that you get lots of sleep. You're a mother of 4 now!!!
congrats! she's adorable! i can't believe you have four!!!! try to get lots of rest while your parents are in town!
Oh Congratulations! I am super jealous of your delivery story. Good for you. I can't wait to meet her, which probably won't be until she is almost 2 but hey, I can't complain. She is beautiful.
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Congratulations guys! She is absolutely beautiful, and your whole family is so cute!
I'm glad you found our blog! It was fun to catch up reading your blog, too.
Congratulations, Daisha. She's gorgeous! How long will your mom stay? We are so happy for you and wish you both well this year with school and the kids.
She is so beautiful! Congratulations. Oh and great name :)
I know this is a little late but I just like to say congrats as well. Four children in seven years is AWESOME. I bet Claire is super excited to be yours!
Post a Comment