Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Past Week


Claire and I came home from the hospital last Sunday. I was so excited to come home and sleep in my bed. The only thing I didn't like about my hospital stay was sleeping on the bed. The kids have been loving Claire to death. They get so excited to see her in the mornings, refer to her as "Baby Claire" and love to hold her and give her kisses.

We had a great time with my parents being here this week. I enjoyed their company and their hard work and help - I know we really wore them out. The kids had tons of fun with them - my parents would take them out of the house for a few hours each day so I could get a nap. They took trips to the library, park, McDonalds, the mall, swimming, Children's Museum and Bass pro Shop - I would even tag along on occasion. We miss them and can't thank them enough for all their help!



I took Claire to the dr. several times this week to get her bilirubin checked. She got pretty jaundiced this week and even got to use one of the light pads. She looked like some sort of animal with the cord sticking out of her clothes. She has been a mellow baby, is easily comforted, has had more good nights than bad and is so sweet and lovable.

Cole and I celebrated our 7th anniversary this week. We were able to go out on a date and even leave the baby behind. We went downtown and had some Thai food. There was also a farmers market going on so we were able to listen to some fun bands and just enjoy being together.
Things are good for us. I'm feeling great and am looking forward to getting back to normal life this week - even mopping the floors sounds fun!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are adorable and you look fantastic!

5Youngers said...

You do have the best parents in the world. Love all the pics of your new addition. You look amazing BTW.

youngsters said...

awww she is soo sweet! you look so good too Daish for just having a baby!

The Campbell Clan said...

I am glad to hear you could still make it to Bass Pro Shop during the hectic schedule with the new child.

Em said...

Daisha, you did not just have a baby, you look gorgeous, because I adore you, I will withold my jealousy. Your family is adorable and little Claire is a doll. It's always fun to see your posts. We miss you guys and we are so happy that Cole is home a little more so you guys can enjoy time together. We really miss you, someday....

Trenholms said...

LOVE your couches! Where did you get them??

daveandbri said...

seriously? I sometimes wonder if you're not superwoman and instead just not human? Only you could get excited about mopping the floors (i only get excited about having them clean). If only we could all share your enthusiasm for life. You guys look like you're doing great and of course you've already bounced back at a record speed!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Cute pictures! You look great!

Acker Family said...

Such sweet pictures of Claire! She is beautiful! I love how Macie is taking on that "mama" role and always holding her! I bet she's a great help for you!