Monday, September 14, 2009

One Month

Claire is now one month old. She's a darling little thing and she's putting on weight and her thighs are getting kinda chubby which I love (at 2.5 weeks she was 75% for height and weight).

4 Weeks:


Claire is a fairly good natured child. She tolerates all the hugs, kisses, and touching from her siblings quite well. We enjoy seeing her random, unintentional smiles -usually when she is sleeping- and hearing her very few but adorable coos. She is awake more often now which is fun. Her eyes are still very dark and I'm not quite sure what color they'll be. She sleeps pretty well at night now and is up only once or twice depending on what time she goes to sleep. That does make her sound like a fabulous baby (which she is), but she does have her periods of fussiness from about 7-10pm, or 11 or 12 - see, she's a normal baby! She's looks a lot like Macie did when she was a baby. She's wonderful and we love her!

Dominic kisses Claire with much more force than his sisters, but his intentions are good as he looks at her affectionately and says she's cute when he does it. He's made several requests for her to sleep with him, so I've taken her up to his bed a few times for him to cuddle her in his bed - It lasts about 30 seconds and then he says he's done, but it's very sweet nonetheless.

3 Weeks:

Tessa can not get enough of Claire. She is always wanting to hold her, kiss her, or gently touch her cheek and say things like "hi princess", "she's so cute", and "she likes me". Anytime Claire cries Tessa will let me know. She also loves to put blankets on Claire, and put Binky's in her mouth. I'm glad that she hasn't been jealous at all!

Macie is the best big sister. She of course loves to hold Claire, rock her, burp her and talk to her. She's a fabulous help with Claire and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

2 Weeks:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Daish- she's so precious. I love the chubby ones...somehow mine are always scrawny. Dom sounds alot like Camryn- just can't get enough of the baby! Enjoy your tiny baby, we both know it doesn't last long enough!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Claire is a sweet little baby. Hopefully you are getting some rest too. Great pictures!

srbushman said...

She is a litle doll! I can't imagine having 4 under the age of 6! 3 is a hard adjustment!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

She looks like she has already changed quite a bit. She gets cuter and cuter!