Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Favorite Cookies

I've always had trouble with making cookies that aren't flat and crunchy. This recipe from my friend Marissa is amazing. They are soft and turn out perfect every time. . . hopefully they will for you too.


(I forgot to take a picture the first day I made them - these are about 3 days old)

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup Butter
(just pull it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you start)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 - 1 cup peanut butter chips

Cream together butter and sugars.
Add remaining ingredients.
Take a small spoon full of dough and gently roll it into a ball.

Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes
Don't over cook.
Makes about 3 dozen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Some people can get pretty protective of a good recipe and don't want to share. Is your family feeling better? I hope baby Claire didn't catch it!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm!! I will have to try them! I am always looking for new treat ideas! How are the kids doing? We have been thinking about you guys a lot. Hope everything is going well!
Brooke