* Update: It took 5 days for their fevers to break and every moment was miserable. They are feeling much better now and Dominic only has lingering cough. Claire, Cole and I haven't gotten sick and I hope it stays that way.
I can't believe it happened . . . my kids have the swine flu. Macie and Dominic were both sick with something about a week and a half ago, but it was not nearly as bad as what Dominic and Tessa have now. Tessa got a fever Thursday morning, started throwing up and then both she and Doms had a fever and throwing up that night and it hasn't stopped since.
I have never seen my kids so miserable. Their fevers are so high and so sudden and their little bodies are wasting away, but luckily they are willing to take in fluids. I'm so sad and scared for them at times. I know they'll be fine in time, but it's so hard not to worry when you feel like you can't do enough to make them feel better. I took them to the Dr first thing this morning and she said that they definitely have H1N1 (they've got tons of other symptoms too) and gave them prescriptions (unfortunately they have probably thrown up both of their doses today). It's crazy how many people are sick with this and I feel for every one of them.
Trying to keep Claire healthy is a challenge and I hope by some miracle she won't get sick. Macie isn't sick so she can help me with her when I'm tending to the others (did I mention that Cole is out of town at a Conference on the other side of the country? He left before it all started and feels terrible he isn't here to help, but it's probably better because he has a very busy and important week coming up. I'm hoping that we'll be fortunate enough to have better health in the morning so I can get the house sanitized before Cole returns home at midnight). I've been grateful for the help of friends bringing dinner and buying Tylenol for us since we ran out!! Tessa's birthday was yesterday and it was a miserable day for her . . . just glad we were able to celebrate before the illness set in.
Ok, the kids are all asleep. I'm going to try and get some sleep now - Goodnight.
Last week when Dominic was sick I had laid Claire on the floor to get her away from the sick ones who were on the couch. I left the room to do dishes and I when I came back I found that Dominic had pulled the comforter off his bed and covered he and Claire with it. It is so hard to keep him away from her. It really will be a miracle if she doesn't get sick.
When Macie was sick last week.
Still as darling as can be with a 103 fever.

11 comments:
Daisha, I am SO sorry! That really stinks, and especially since you are handling it all by yourself. We all had the flu last week, and it just wipes you out! And I may be a horrible mother, but I felt like forcing the vomit back down when Chels upped her Tami-flu. Gross, I know, but man, that was like ten bucks literally down the drain! Good luck, guys.
Oh my GOODNESS! I am so sorry they have this virus. That is terrible. I hope your whole household is well very, very, very soon! Hang in there!
You poor lady!! People here are freaking out big time. I woke my kids up at 6 this morning to get H1N1 shots in Salt Lake and when I got there, the line was 5 hours long and they said there probably wouldn't be enough vaccine to get that far. We were all outside bundled up. Crazy. Needless to say, we were out of there. Hopefully more shots become available soon. Schools are closing all around us and everyone's getting it. AHHH! Guess I'll stay locked in my house for a while. Good luck with your cute kiddos. That's so sad and miserable (especially for you!). Let me know how and when it ends.
Oh Daisha that is so hard! I am so sorry! =( Remind me where you live? I wanna see you guys! (Once everyone is better of course).
im so sorry daish! it is spreading around here like wildfire as well. such a nasty bug! we will definitely keep them & you in our prayers!
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this and by yourself too! Hopefully they are all getting better now-and that Claire won't get it! I didn't realize throwing up was a part of the swine flu too! Hang in there!
That is the worst! I had it last month and I couldn't even take care of Cade. I feel bad that you are having to take care of them on your own too. It seems like everybody has the Swine Flu now! I will definately keep you guys in my prayers. That is such a hard thing to take care of little ones who feel so miserable! Get lots of rest and vitamins, so that you hopefully won't get it. Hang in there. I hope you have the help you need incase you get it! I wish I were there to offer my help.
Ahhhh .. poor little guys. Dallas got the swine flu almost two weeks ago, but his only symptoms were a minor sore throat/cough and super high fever. Somehow we got super lucky and the tamaflu seemed to do the trick as he was only down 2 days (which I loved every minute of as he was so sweet, calm and cuddly) and no one else in our house got sick (knock on wood I know). Good luck with near impossible task of keeping little Claire away from her . .what a joke right?? We'll be thinking of you.
Man, EVERYONE is getting sick with this! My fam is getting over nasty colds/coughs but luckily nothing worse, yet. Hang in there :)
That is no good, I hope you all are feeling better in no time! And look at it this way, you got it now your bodies can start to build up an immunity to it and it won't be as bad next time. It is everywhere these days..And you are are a super star, Mitch is always gone when things hit my family. I got the flu sooo bad 2 years ago and MItch was gone and I was taking care of 3 little sick kids along with trying to get around myself...it was 3 days of awful....hopefully it skipped over you and you were able to get the house healthy!
That is no fun. It seems like everyone has it here in Idaho. I'm just hoping it will pass us by. I hope everyone gets back to normal!
Post a Comment