Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our Little Lady Tessa

Tessa has had a fun past month and is growing up fast. Cole took her to get her ears pierced and she tells me over and over again that she got her earrings at the store. She's quite proud of the way she looks.

We also moved her out of the pack -n -play and she now sleeps on the bottom of the bunk bed and Dominic is on top. She does a great job staying in bed and it's so nice that she can get out of bed in the morning by herself. When she wakes up from naps or in the morning I hear the pitter patter of her running to find me and asking "is it time to wake up mommy?" in the sweetest and tiniest voice ever. I love it!

She is also potty trained!!! She did it in only 2 days!! She was excited about the panties and spent a lot of time at the bathroom sink drinking out of a tiny cup. I just let the water dribble all day long and she would drink and have an accident and then drink and have an accident. She would stand there for 20-30 minutes at a time and by the end of day 2 she had figured out that you sit on the potty before the pee comes out it. She does a great job of telling me when she needs to go potty when we're at the store etc. . . and she hasn't had an accident in public which is fabulous. She stays dry almost always during nap time and about half the time at night. She runs around the house in a shirt and panties a lot because its so much easier for her to get to the toilet in time when she doesn't have to worry about the pants. I couldn't be happier (Dominic put up such a fight when potty training that I feel justified in bragging about Tess)!


A few things I want to remember: She calls Dominic "Donnic", Claire "Claire Claire", asks me "what are you doing Daisha?", loves to play soccer with Cole, likes playing the piano, helping cook in the kitchen and is still our silly, whiney, slow eater, and funny little girl.

5 comments:

Em said...

Tessa seems like such a little cutie pie. I wish I knew her! I am impressed at her potty skills :)

Someday, I will get to meet her :)

ERIN said...

Good for Tessa! Is that the way you potty train all your kids? I have the same type of pictures with Azure. Her little panties just hang on her stay since the smallest size you can get is a 2T-3T and she is tiny. I bet Tessa has that same problem.

The Campbell Clan said...

wow! GO TESSA! It hardly seems reasonable that she should be old enough or big enough to be potty trained...wow! I am so happy for you Daisha! What a blessing!

Shannon said...

What a cutie pie! I like how she asks what you're doing adressing you by your first name. Too funny. :)

Adorable family pic at the top too!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Tessa is so dang cute. I love her little pictures. Way to go on only have one kid in diapers now! That must be nice.