Most people would say chubby or cute, but the lady at the store called them fat . . . Claire's cheeks that is. Southern people, especially older southern people, just say it as it is. They are typically always being kind, but are very frank.
Since Claire is now sitting up she has become quite the topic of conversation for the elderly people at the grocery store. Claire sits in the cart with her "fat cheeks" and gummy smile looking back and forth at everyone and everything. The lady this week was probably 68 and she said in a very loud, kind and high pitched voice, you know how old people are, "Oh my, look at those fat cheeks. Hey honey come look at these fat cheeks on this baby over here." I chuckled to myself, smiled and acknowledged and went on my way.

7 comments:
I love the cheeks :) she is adorable
Well she is obviously too cute not to take notice in a grocery store..Cheeks and all!
She is adorable. I love those cheeks!!
Those are some pretty cute cheeks!
In a lot of ways, she's very different from your other kids, but she definitely still is a Johnson...cute, cute, cute. Don't you love the Southern old ladies, tellin' it like it is? Haha.
those cheeks are adorable and you know it. I am so glad you are couponing...I've been doing my fair share, too...ebay coupons are the only way to stock up. my favorite sites are fabulesslyfrugal and krazycouponlady, they are locals and Jas went to school with them. I'm telling you, the deals are incredible...moneymakers! Yes, I dream about it, I'm sure you do too!
This is a great ppost thanks
Post a Comment