I was glad I got to go even if I was in town for only a day and a half, was super busy and the traveling was LONG and boring. So many of my cousins were in town and it was fun to see them. I got to see my brothers again too . . . It had been 2 years! I also took a quick visits around to all of my in-laws homes. So fun!
I still need to gather pics from family members, but here are the few that are on my camera.
| My family!! |
After the funeral etc. . . all the family members went out to the "ranch" (my grandparent's house) and picked out items that we wanted to keep. It was kind of weird looking in every cupboard and drawer for things I wanted. Just so I remember I ended up choosing some National Geographic movies (grandma lovedNatGeo), some Christmas ornaments (they always had the largest tree that was all decked out), a santa statue, some binoculars, some fun exercise videos - sweating with the grannies type, a wolf statue for Dominic's room and Grandma's Kitchen Aid mixer. I don't own one and was told it still works. I won't know if it really does until we move back next summer. I obviously couldn't bring it home.
I always thought that the one thing I would want to take would be one of grandma's plate. She collected decorative plates and has hundreds and hundreds. I decided that I didn't want to take anything unless I would really use it so I took a picture of a set instead. This set of plates hangs on the wall in the dining room. Grandma had lots of plates with naked babies and these ones were always staring at you during Thanksgiving Dinner! Just a funny memory I have!

1 comment:
I wish I could have been there with all my heart!! Looks like so much fun to be able to see all the cousins. Grandpa sure looks different in that picture; but then again, they never really look like themselves after they've gone on, do they?
Post a Comment