Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Epidural or Not?
So I am excited that our new little to be here so soon. I'm hoping she'll come a bit early like my other kids. It's hard to be patient when I'm so uncomfy. My question for all you mothers is "epidural or not?" I had my other children with out an epidural and since it's only been 19 months since Dominic was born I can still remember how painful it was!!!!! Both the kids came fairly quickly with only light and slightly uncomfortable contractions until my water broke after which they came hard and fast and I had the baby in 45 minutes! So I'd like to hear your preference if you've had an epidural with one, but not with the other or what you did or didn't like about the epidural! Thanks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey! So glad that you sent me the link to your blog! And my 2 cents on an epidural is that it is nice to lessen the pain, but it often makes things progress a lot slower than they would without drugs - and if your other labors were fairly quick, I may suggest toughing out it a third time! :)
Good luck!
Nicole
Forget the epidural. There is nothing like feeling the actual birth of your baby. It's true that it can make your labor slower and why risk it? I for one loved having both of my babies without one. If you want to ease the pain a little, try something besides the big guns. With Lucy I had a dose of nubain to help me get to the last few centimeters and it helped a ton! But, then wore off so I could feel the rest and get up and shower after.
As you know I have had an epidural and I have had one natural. Go for whatever you want to do. Yes, it was incedible to have the birth and to feel everything. From my personal experience I recovered a lot quicker with an epidural (I didn't work has hard during labor). You will get conflicting advice, do what you want. good luck
Well I have only had one child so you may not want my opinion but I had an epidural and I loved it! Labor was a piece of cake! They turned the epidural off when I started pushing so I could push easier. It's up to you, you're amazing for going natural on the other two!!
Seeing that I had 2 c-sections, I might not be the best advice-giver! But with Brenna I had an epidural, and it wasn't bad. With Cannon, I had a spinal. I was able to move around a lot quicker. It blocked the pain but you could still feel the pressure, and you didn't have to have an IV taped to your back. I loved it!
the epidural is amazing. i got one both times after my water broke. i am the same as you not too bad of contractions until my water broke they were hard and like a minute apart. trey was born 6 hours after my water broke and lucy 4 hours. it didn't slow anything down. 45 minutes is so quick though...if i knew i would only have to do it for 45 minutes i think i would do it natural. that is so amazing that you have had both of your kids natural!
More power to those who want to give birth without an epidural. I tried Kalei without because my contractions weren't bad until my water broke and then it was bad news and in went the epidural. I like being able to enjoy the delivery versus being in a lot of pain. Yah it took a little bit to be able to move your legs and walk around but I don't think it slowed the recovery let alone the birth at all. Both kids were born within 3 hours of being admitted.
Post a Comment