I was very excited to learn that our townhome in VA would have a back patio and from the pictures it looked like it was enclosed with a fence too. Yeah, finally a place for my kids to play while I got things done in the house!
Well, we did get a patio but it wasn't fenced and it's not grass but rather massive amounts of weed and clover. Not what I hoped for. The kids still do go out and play every once in a while but they prefer the front yard because it actually has grass.
We get to be the ones to wack the weeds in our patio area and I obvious let it grow way too long before doing something about it. Shameful I know. The weeds were as big as Tessa and it looked even more trashy because of all the stuff I let accumulate back there during the winter.
I got to work and cleaned up the place and now it feels so much nicer to play out there and looking out the window is much more pleasant too.
Dominic and Tessa's favorite thing to do out back is dig in the dirt and make mud pies. As you can see they get extremely dirty and require a good scrub when they are done. I sent Dominic in to wash his feet and hands and I walked in a few minutes later to see him sitting in the sink in the half bath. I couldn't believe that he felt safe sitting in that tiny thing. If he would have fallen back he would have smacked his head right on the toilet. Crazy kid.
Macie and I planted a few things in some pots - tomato, basil and thyme. We've already used lots of basil and thyme and our tomato plant is getting really big. Just today we the kids saw 2 tiny green tomatoes. Can't wait to eat them.

5 comments:
Good for you! That's alot of work. When we moved to our house, we had a huge weed patch and after alot of manual labor it's now a garden and looks much better. It looks like you've done alot to make your new house a home :)
Way to go! Yard work is always hard to do-for me at least! I'm jealous of that sunny weather in those pictures! We've been seeing lots of rain here in the NW :(
and I'm guessing that you actually enjoyed doing it too . . little miss organizer!
Like good job mom macie!
Post a Comment