We almost made it to a year without any major injuries in this house. Leave it to our clumsy little Tessa to leave a big mark and really do some damage to herself.
The kids were upstairs getting ready for bed and all of the sudden there was a huge crash that continued all the way down the stairs. Our poor Tessa had fallen down the stairs. Wooden stairs, hard unforgiving wooden stairs (we have NO carpet in this place). She has done this once before, which ended in a small bump and a rash from the shoe basket, but just by the sound of her fall and cry this was clearly much worse.
Cole got to her first. There was a ton of blood coming from her mouth and she was screaming. Her head had an immediate goose egg bigger than a golf ball.
I just held her in my arms, dabbing blood from her mouth until she fell alseep (we looked for signs of a concussion - don't worry mom).
By the next morning her head was looking better and then we got a glimpse of her mouth. Her gums were horribly bruised and she had broken off a huge chunk of her front tooth. My heart just sank. I know lots of little kids chip their teeth, but I still feel terrible. It's been a few weeks and now her front teeth are looking gray and damaged. I guess we're lucky Cole is in the dental field. This girl is going to need a lot of work.
She's always been facinated with teeth, especially now that I have braces, and goes around telling us about how she needs new teeth cuz that one is broken.
I've never been a fan of a house full of wooden floors. I actually hate them!! If there would have been carpet on those stupid stairs the outcome would have been much better. When we finally do live somewhere with carpet again I'm pretty sure I'll just want to roll around on it, just like the missionaries who serve in third world countries do when they get back home.
At least she's still super cute. Look at that cute chin and dimples. She looks so much like Cole!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You guys have some cute kids, even with the fractured tooth. Germans don't really do carpet either, so I can't wait to be in a home with some carpet. It's nicer to sleep on (if i get kicked out of the bed), I'd rather vacuum than sweep, plus carpet hides a lot of dirt. Hope the family is doing well--we fly back to carpet in 2 days.--Justin
This just happened to Addie. She fell off the kitchen counter onto tile floor and cut her lip open. Two weeks later her tooth is brown. We are now "practicing" how Grandpa Bob will fix it for her.
It breaks my heart everytime she smiles . . . but soon it'll fixed.
It was sad.
Post a Comment