Sunday, February 13, 2011

Battered and Bruised

Tessa is such a clumsy kid. She is always falling and getting hurt in some way shape of form.

We were doing our traditional nightly dance party and she tripped and fell flat on her face on the wood floor and chipped off the part of her tooth that Cole had already fixed. I took her into to Cole's school the next day to get it fixed again and she told me that she would be really brave as long as I held her hands while she was in the chair. She was very excited to go to the office, probably because of the handfuls of toys and stickers she gets to come home with.

A few days later the weather was very nice so the kids had been playing outside. Within in one hour Tessa fell on her flat on her face and ended up with bruises on her forehead and the second time a nasty scrap on her chin. When I went to pick her up from her chin accident she still had both of her hands in her coat pocket - the obvious reason for not catching herself.

It was still pretty fresh in the picture. Once it scabbed over it looked nasty. The scab fell off while she was zipping up her coat one day. She saved it to show to Cole and then they proudly taped it to the fridge for all to display.

A few days later we were painting at the kitchen table and she leaned over to see what I was doing and fell and hit her cheek on the chair. An almost immediate bruise developed.

Then she broke open her chin wound again while trying to do push-ups while at Macie's basketball practice. Apparently she made quite a scene dripping blood everywhere and the girls on the team started fake crying. I wasn't there that night so Cole had all the kids by himself.

It never ends with this girl. I'm sure by tomorrow we'll have more stories to tell!

No comments: