Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Cole's birthday. He is the love of my life and I've been lucky enough to be celebrating his birthday's with him for 11 years. Even when he was on his mission I would make a birthday cake on his birthday to celebrate (is that weird?!).
So I first met Cole when I was in 8th grade. I was instantly in love and attracted to him. He was a sophomore and I'm sure not interested in a gangly braces wearing middle schooler like me. But seriously, have you seen him and his amazing good looks? How could I not have been madly in love with him? His dimples are to die for, his blue eyes are amazing, chiseled chin, and amazing body . . . I'm pretty lucky. Although he says he's feeling old he's better looking today than ever before. (Wasn't he such a cute kid?)

Now, I was kinda obsessively weird about Cole once I got into high school. All I could do was think about him, hope to see him in the hall or commons and I would walk the long way to class just to get a good look at him standing by his locker with his friends (of course I was hoping he'd see me too).

Cole was unique. He was a great athlete and you'd think he'd be one of those jocks who stuck their nose up and didn't pay attention to anyone outside their circle of friends. But really this wasn't Cole. He was the one talking to anyone and everyone no matter what "group" they were in. He's still the same. Cole has a way with people that they always walk away from meeting him feeling like they've found a new best friend and they really are his friends and he's sincere about it. Cole's patients have got to be the luckiest people out there. Sitting in his chair is nothing but a great experience. He tells them stories, sings along to the radio while working on them and just has a special way with people.

Cole is an amazing dad. He is totally hands on and fun. He wrestles with them, plays all the kids funny little made up games, teaches them how to play sports and tells them funny stories. Ever since Macie was born he's been taking the kids out on individual dates. He takes one of the kids out each week and they love it. He really has a special bond with each of the kids because of this. It's amazing how much the kids will open up once they get one on one time. Every Sunday (and really it's every Sunday no matter if it's crazy weather) Cole takes the kids on walks. They throw rocks at squirrels, have races, pet dogs and cats, pick leaves, make up games, and even jump on hobos beds together. Cole is also extremely consistent in his parenting, everything from discipline to education and spiritual matters. I really wish I could be as good of a mom as he is a dad and I really do mean that.

Cole is extremely hard working and intelligent. He loves to read and learn new things. He has an amazing ability to understand and retain knowledge which has obviously helped him in is 10 years of post high school education. He is very organized in all that he has to do, and he has a LOT to do each day with work, family and church. He's goal oriented and keeps those goals. I don't have to give him "honey do" lists because he just gets things done.

I realize this is long so I'll just end with the fact that Cole is a fabulous husband . . . sweet, loving, humble, caring, fun and someone I always want to be with! I honestly can't get enough of him each day and am so lucky that he did have interest in the gangly girl so many years ago and that he decided to marry me. I love him.

Happy 29th Birthday Cole!

***I didn't forget to mention that Cole is hilarious and extremely musically talented. Most of you already know that. But if for some reason you don't watch the fabulous video he made below- it's all the evidence you need.

8 comments:

youngsters said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

Tanya said...

happy birthday cole!

Tess said...

Happy birthday Cole! Lance and I agree- one of the greatest guys we've ever met! And we got a good chuckle out of his video presentation too.

Mike and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Cole! And to Daisha, I remember at our sleep overs you would read me your journal and we talk for hours about Cole and how "dreamy" he was. And I do recall being one of the first to tell you that the two of you would get married and to be sure and send me the invitation when it happend. Man I love great friends. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Happy Bday! I loved the younger pictures of Cole...that's totally how I remember him!

Lindsie said...

That was really sweet Daisha. Happy Birthday Cole.

Mikaela said...

Daisha, I really like your hair like that (dark and styled that way) seeing the side part reminded me of you mom and how she would always grab me or my sister's and repart our hair on the side if it was down the middle. My mom told me about this morning and I have a little prayer in my heart for you guys. I truly hope everything turns out okay and hope you realize that you have a ton to offer to. I think Cole knew what he was getting-you should give yourself a little more credit-it takes two to make your family work and I can't imagine anyone being a stay-at-home mom with a husband who works and goes to school with FOUR kids not just one not being an amazing mom!

Janas Bananas said...

I love the young pictures of him, that is the Cole I know..He really is funny, I have some good memeories of him from the summer I spent with their family. When Jess was working all day I would hang out with Cole and Ryan and I would spend the whole day laughing..And I can believe he is a organiser, getter doner he was raised in a good home with parents who taught him well. And I am sure he is as thankful for you, you are a wonderful mother, wife and pretty much as adorable as you can get...I know its like I am 50 and you are 12 or something but adorable is the best word I have to describe you...I know I am lame, I can't help it, it pretty much comes naturally to me.