You'd think I would have a new hairstyle or something, but instead I've ventured back to my middle school days and have gotten myself a new pair of braces (the partial braces in 8th grade just didn't provide the result Cole or I wanted and I may not have worn my retainer - oops).
Lucky for me I get to have my handsome husband as my doc and get numerous nightly inspections from him to see how things are progressing. I'm actually really excited to have braces - just like everyone else I want straight teeth, especially since that's my husbands whole career and now I get to be a walking advertisement and can personally vouch for what an awesome orthodontist he is!
Another perk of getting braces is I get to see Cole at work and all the residents and staff every 6 weeks or so. I've learned to tell the babysitter that I'll be at least 30 minutes more than if I went to a normal office - not because the appointments are slow, but because I find myself chatting with everyone or being introduced to people I haven't met yet. . . it's fun!
I smile funny, eat slow, feel like I mumble even more than I did before and look like I'm 13, but Cole says I'm cute and I guess that's really all that matters. It's nice to have the clear brackets . . . not nearly as obnoxious as the metal and colorful bands, not that I would wear pink bands anyway. The doc says I'll have my beautiful new smile in about a year and I'm holding him to it!!

11 comments:
I agree with Cole, I think you look adorable, but that was never a question in my mind.
i need braces! yikes!
lucky for you your husband can give you a good deal!!
That is great. I want braces too! If only we lived closer... (: Those darn retainers!
That is too funny. We are two peas in a pod right now. My father-in-law is a dentist and is straightening my teeth with expanding retainers. Just like the good ol' days. At least when we are finished our teeth with look as amazing as the husbands we married. I have terrible pregnancies so I just compare it to that. 9 months of not much fun, but a life time of joy! You look darling regaurdless.
hooray! You looks awesome.
I was also glad to have the clear braces growing up, not too bad:) How fun for you guys to have an excuse to see each other at his work!
Take care
I never thought you needed braces but sounds like Cole knows best! How fun to have your husband be your own orthodontist! I love it!
What a hottie!! I've been attempting to wear my retainer lately because I swear my teeth are going crooked too!! It hurts, and probably doesn't fit right. Tammy just got braces too- she's on the same year long track. Haha, you guys are awesome.
your right Daisha, You do look like you are in middle school again!
This is trask saying this by the way:)
That is awesome! How fun is that for you to have your own personal tooth slave!
what could you possibly need to change about your smile Daisha? It looks perfect! OF course I am an untrained eye but seriously, your have great teeth and have never noticed any sort of gaps.
I am glad if it makes you happy to have them on. You are beautiful regardless.
Post a Comment