Christmas Eve we watched Elf and then read the story of the birth of the Savior from the scriptures.
Christmas morning the kids were up at their usual 7am. We put in a movie for them to watch so we could sleep in. I was worried that is wouldn't work and they would either come bugging us or start opening presents of something, but they left us alone and didn't get into anything and we did get woken up until 8:30. It was a nice morning. Calm, fun, exciting, relaxing.
The kids enjoyed their gifts and seemed very happy with what they got. I made butterscotch rolls, sausage and eggs for breakfast and we spent the rest of the day relaxing in our pajamas and playing with new toys.




Chubby girl got this toy and when you hold it out in front of her she gets a big smile, puts her arms out, starts shaking happily and reaches for it - it's pretty funny.
Tessa was thrilled with the bags and purses she got, the perfect place to carry around all the kicknacks (she calls them stuffs) she gathers around the house.
Macie got an art set, littlest pet shop stuffed animal and a basketball. She was very happy.
Dominic got a transformer, a dart gun, a tool set. He loved the gun and it was just from the dollar store.
Dinner was ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole and a few other items. As I was cooking our carbon monoxide detector went off. We ate dinner with all the windows and doors open (It was freezing) so we wouldn't die of poisoning while we waited for the tech guy to come. Cole was kind to fill up a plate with food and sent it with him.

2 comments:
It seems like you guys had a great christmas! I have enjoyed having them at home the past couple years. Your kids are adorable!!!! How do you do it with 4? I am serious, are you just going, going, going all day long?
I enjoyed looking at your last few posts and seeing what you've been up to. You have had a very eventful few months. Your homemade SNUGGIE is so funny! You guys crack me up! :)
Post a Comment