Hot dogs the first night, kabobs the next and nightly marshmallow roasting.
We don't own any camping gear or sleeping bags except for cheap roasting sticks. We really wanted to take the kids camping but obviously we'd need shelter. I found that here in VA at some of the state park campgrounds they have one room cabins with electricity, bunk beds and a table. We just brought our blankets and pillows. It was the perfect set up for our family and we all loved it so much. Our campground backed up to the woods which were beautiful. Virginia has more trees than I have ever seen . . . and that's coming from an Oregonian.
The cabins also had 2 rocking chairs. Cole and I would sit out on the deck at night talking and rocking in our chairs. It felt like we were some old married couple at a farm house. I loved it. 
Lake Anna was beautiful. We drove down there on our first afternoon to have a look. There was a beach area and playground. The kids were wading in the water only getting slightly wet at first but before we knew it Dominic was in up to his neck in the lake fully clothed.
Dominic carried around this "staff" the whole time and was our Indian chief. That boy had so much fun and he loved that he could do anything he wanted.
Claire was the best baby on this vacation. This blue blanket was her play place. She would always scoot herself off and eat the dirt but she was quite the happy little camper.

2 comments:
oh that looks like fun!
I loved that little cabin, that is a great idea. I should look around and see if we have anything like that around here. P.S...I just want to smoosh those little legs of Claires! Completely adorable!
Post a Comment