Sunday, January 2, 2011

Haircuts

It only took 7 years, but it finally happened. Tessa took the scissors to her hair all by herself. None of my other kids have done that before. Honestly when I saw her I wanted to laugh. It was nothing terrible and when I asked her why she cut her hair she said "I just wanted my hair short."

I'm not sure why she is crying so hard.  I stayed very calm, took a pic, and then sent her to time out.

Earlier in the day Macie had been telling me that she wanted me to cut her hair because she was having a hard time brushing it. Later in the day I was using the scissors at the table and left them there when I was getting dinner ready.

Tessa grabbed them at some point and chopped off her ponytails while hiding under the kitchen table. Luckily she only cut the ends didn't do too much damage. It wasn't until the next day that I noticed she cut right to the scalp in the middle back. Thankfully there is still plenty of hair to cover it.

Before

Since we were in haircutting mode I got rid of Claire's hideous mullet. It's been driving me crazy and I think she looks so much cuter with it cut off.


Here are the girls with their hair cuts/trims.

No comments: