To celebrate his 30th birthday the kids and I did 30 nice things for him during the week leading up to the big day. It was a lot of fun. The kids really go into some of the things we did for him. I will write down the list of 30 sometime soon, but for now here are two things we did that actually were photographed.
Notice the book title - Old King Cole. Gorwing up Cole's family would wake him up on his birthday and carry him around singing/saying this poem to him. We found a book and gave it to him.
We drove down town and found his car in the parking garage during the day so he'd have a surprise when he got into his car after work. We decorated it with guitars and a sign. The kids were so thrilled with how sneaky we were being.
On Cole's actual birthday we let him sleep in and decoarated with a sign and a balloon so he'd wake up to a decorated house. We made him breakfast. Later in the day I surprised him by sending him to go get a massage and then I got a babysitter so we could go out and enjoy dinner at a fun southern resturant where we ate fried alligator and spicy sausage.
Cole's favorite dessert is my homemade coconut cream pie and he wanted that instead of cake. One of his patients gave him sparkling candles. We made sure to put 30 candles on. Tessa looked a bit concerned once they were all lit, sparking and creating tons of smoke.
Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams! I love you Cole!

2 comments:
Feliz cumpleanos! Hope it was great.
I never realized Cole is a year younger than Dan . . .nevermind that he was in Brandi's year and school . . .she always seems older than my husband too. . .multiple kids will do that. Fortunately, your looks aren't giving you away-you both still have baby faces! How are the plans for moving this summer coming?
Post a Comment