Friday, October 5, 2007
False Alarm
Yesturday I woke up at 2 am with contractions. As in the the past they started out regular and by 4 am I got out of bed (obviously I wasn't sleeping) and kept track of how far apart they really were. Well they were 5-6 minutes apart. So I woke Cole at 5 am and called my mom to come over. We got to the hospital before 6 and they put the monitors on me. The contractions were getting more uncomfortable. About 7:30 they moved me to an actual room and then checked me about 8am. I was only at a 2 and 75% effaced. Cole had already canceled his patients so we headed to the stairs and went up and down about 8 stories hoping to get things going, I did this twice. However I noticed the contractions tapering off. AHHHHHHH! They checked me again at 10 am and I was still at a 2. How frustrating and sad. We headed home quite disappointed! So after having those regular contractions for 7 hrs they started to stop and faded completly by noon. Needless to say I'm still pregnant, not having contractions, and have sore legs:) Oh well, she'll come soon right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey at least you got some good excercise going up and down the stairs right? That is a bummer but she will be here before you know it. You are probably so ready and uncomfortable right now, but you have done this twice before, you are a pro.
That is so funny because the exact same thing happened to us! We got there and did stairs and nothing. The contractions stop and we went home. That was exactly one week before Tegan came, so needless to say it was a long seven days! It's okay, she'll be here soon. Enjoy being pregnant- they're easier to take care of when they are inside!!
Oh my goodness! Well I bet she will be here within a week and think what a great story you will have to tell.
What a bummer! I had Zac 3 weeks early & had Emerson 2 weeks early. So when you're expecting to come early it seems like that last month lasts FOREVER! Every day you're just waiting in anticipation hoping that today will be the day!! I had a false alarm with Emerson too...got to the hospital & then had to go home...it is a bummer...I agree! She'll be here in no time though!! :) Hang in there!
oh bless your heart! how terrible! did your others come early?
Oh man! I hate that! When you are close to the end it is just like, "get her out already!" She will come soon! :)
Nuts! You had me going there for a while. Hope all goes well and soon.
Post a Comment