Monday, April 14, 2008

The Things People Say . . .

For some reason the more children I have the more comments I get from people at the grocery store, at the post office, at the park etc. . . I find it odd that people feel they can say what ever they want and don't hesitate to do so. I'm grateful that I've never been victim to really rude comments like "don't you know about birth control?", most people are fairly nice about what they say.
A few examples:
"You're a busy mom" - surprisingly I get this the most when it is just the two younger kids and I. Little do they know that I have a 4 year old at preschool.
"Are they all yours?" (this does not offend me, I usually say yep- we have a lot of fun!)
(If the kids are screaming) "Is she hurt?" (yes, I'm pinching her so I can draw all the attention to us as we try to get our shopping done :)
"You two have been busy!!" (the funniest one so far, The whole family was shopping at WINCO this week and a man walked by saw us, smiled and said 'you two have been busy.')

Oh, the things people say . . . hav you had any good comments about you and your kidlings? I'd love to hear them!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha, sometimes I worry I'm one of those people that just say whatever they think but I do try to be careful that it won't offend people! The worst thing I've heard so far is, "Oh my gosh, you have twins? I feel SO sorry for you!" Seriously people...filter between your head and your mouth! You and Cole make such cute kids, I say keep em coming! =)

New Mexican Youngs said...

That is great Daisha, part of it may be that you could pass as a teenager still...And Tessa, what a sweety. It is sad that we will not beable to see her until she is nearly 10 months old. Oh well, it is coming fast.

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

Some people just don't think. You do have very cute kids! Travis will be working in Hillsboro, we will stay with my mom in King City until our house in Utah sells then we will buy a house out there. Thanks for the welcome home, I am so excited!

Erica said...

OH I have heard them all. At least peole seem pretty nice. I have had some rather rude comments myself.

MOMMACITA said...

From Mary G-lock
Stranger: Are those kids all yours?

Ann Papworth: No, I checked a few out at the library

Wilder Family said...

I think you probably get comments or looks like that cause you and Cole look so young. Mike and I definately do. When I was visiting Salem and I had Jaxon at the store with me and Cindy the checker asked if I was helping babysit! She spoke to me like I was 10 years old...HA!